The Systems Engineer position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently, in a dynamic environment. The System Engineer will be directly responsible in the design and support of all windows server infrastructure. The candidate will work closely with team members to support a highly virtualized, mixed OS environment. Responsible for the daily operations, support, and maintenance of internal infrastructure.
Job Accountability Responsibilities:
- Administration and support for a load-balanced Microsoft environment.
- Provide Active Directory management and support.
- Perform day-to-day break-fix troubleshooting and support.
- Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, and patch management in a virtualized environment.
- Work with team members to support VMware, remote storage, and networking.
- Responsibilities include systems and equipment technology assessment, system performance analysis, system integration planning, specification development, test and evaluation, and system concept formulation/design/analysis.
- RHEL/*NIX knowledge and working in a mixed OS environment a plus.
- Works with little supervision with respect to scheduling and assignments of tasks with results and progress occasionally reviewed.
- Ensure user satisfaction by providing preventive maintenance, network troubleshooting and problem resolution services.
- Solve moderately complex problem situations and participate in the identification of opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures, or tools.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of development, test, production, and DR environments including backup and log management, system monitoring, and user management.
- Create and maintain platform/architecture documentation.
- Be available for non-business hours support and afterhours work, including on-call rotation when necessary.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or system/network administration certification such as CompTIA, CCNA, RedHat, Linux or relevant experience
- Proficient in Systems Administration with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience in the installation and administration of Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments
- A broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery
- A broad knowledge in Networking, Subnetting TCP/IP addressing and VLANs
- Experience in systems/network/VMware/storage administration involving installation, support, and maintenance in a high availability environment.
- Experience with networking Concepts (Routing, VLANs, vPCs), Network Services (DNS, DHCP, and SNMP), and familiarity with the TCP/IP protocol suite.
To apply for this job please visit evoportalus.tracker-rms.com.