The PC Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The PC Technician will work closely with and take direction from IT Management to troubleshoot (in person, by telephone, remotely or on-site) problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on- and off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service-levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PCs, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, media devices, etc.
- Where required, resolve issues with associated end-user workstation software products.
- Answer to and perform moves, additions, and change requests as they are submitted by the IT Team and End Users.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts.
- Other related duties (as needed).
- Hands-on technical knowledge of PC operating systems, with focus on Microsoft Windows (Workstation/Win7, Win10).
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Entry-level equipment support experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills along with relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability and desire to increase personal and professional skill-sets through work activity involving multiple and disparate applications and processes.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.