iFuse Solutions is looking for a Network Engineer for a contract-to-hire contract position working with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) around the Cleveland, OH area. The Network Engineer will provide network technical support and assistance; monitors LAN/WAN operations; maintains, installs, configures, and upgrades network software and hardware; troubleshoots network, hardware, and software problems. This candidate will work on some projects related to network segmentation, VLANs, server IP addressing, and other various types of activities.
- Maintains, supports, and administers data network; assists with analysis, design, and implementation of network hardware solutions
- Identifies and resolves connectivity problems between systems and works with vendors in troubleshooting and supporting systems
- Enterprise Network switch unbox, firmware upgrades, stack setups, configuration, and network activation for L2/L3 design.
- Patching coordination (actual port/jack patching completed by cabling technician) and assisting desktop, building systems, and non-technical HHS teams with their needs.
- Meraki Wireless/Dashboard configurations
- Checkpoint firmware upgrades, rule configuration and installation.
- Order integration into the necessary systems.
- Physical and VM Server setup for applications, file & print, etc.
- Network assistance for Medical devices
- Coordination with outsourced vendors for Pharmacy and Lab network solutions to ensure their success in operating at the facility.
- Attend team meetings with IT, vendors, and internal department
- Complete weekly reports on progress completed and to raise issue awareness.
- Manage network switches, firewalls and routers. Apply scheduled changes, backups, IOS updates, and troubleshoot network related issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day network maintenance including backup and log management, network system monitoring, and access controls.
- Provide network engineering/administration services in support of both internal and external customers, including the development team.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues within and between VLANs and data centers at the switch, firewall, or router level
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Experience with networking (routing, firewalls, VLANs, VPCs), Network Services (DNS, DHCP, and SNMP), and expertise with network protocols such as IPSEC, BGP, OSPF, and QoS.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytics tools
- Strong ability to maintain documentation
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills desired.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Must be self-starter who is highly organized, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Industry certifications preferred
- Direct W2 Candidates only – no C2C applicants, please